Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2 years

2 years ago today, I texted a cute boy. Little did I know, that cute boy would become my everything, my rock, my safe place, my best friend, we were to become each others sidekick and eternal companions!

It was New Years eve, I had gone to visit an old work friend for a minute before heading to a party. Through casual conversation I asked him about a certain co-worker, [this made no sense because seriously I barely knew Austin. Our conversations most mornings at work went like this:
Aust; "Hey, how are ya?" As he was walking past my desk to go to the wash bay.
Me: "I'm great, how are how? Hows your girlfriend?" by this point he was usually past hearing distance.
That was basically the extent of our conversations. Occasionally he would ask me about my boyfriend, and occasionally, if him and his girlfriend were fighting he would sorta vent to me.
OH and, one time he stayed by my desk for 5 min cuz I made him listen to song, I thought might pertain to his current situation ("where have you been," Reel Big fish) (it really had nothing to do with anything, ha ha I just thought Austin was funny and wanted his company for a min!)
Needless to say I hardly knew this kid. I had facebook stalked him a time or two but that's it. Okay back to the story, so I got Austins number from my friend. I instantly texted him, ha ha I asked him if he was married yet, then if he could hook me up with ski passes. [[I had never been skiing. And my friend already told me he broke up with his girlfriend, hence the reason I was texting cuz I had broken up with my boyfriend. But I needed a conversation starter that didn't look to desperate.]] Well he told me he was single and almost immediately asked me out, I said sure, when? He said does tomorrow work? AAAWWWWW nervous. I agreed and we spent the rest of the night texting NON stop. Now this is weird cuz I soon learned Austin does NOT like to text, ha ha.
Random things I remember about the rest of the night, and our first date:
telling him not to be shocked because since he had seen me I had chopped my hair off and got braces, so I told him I looked like a 12 year old.
The constant butterflys I had, I was so excited but nervous!
His "cool" car, that was so loud it made my ears ring.
He ordered cranberry tacos, they were disgusting, I ordered a side of nachos and only ate like 3 chips because of first date jitters so he finished up.
He spoke Spanish to the costa vida worker, I was way impressed.
We laughed hard as a heavy set man biffed it big time on the flo rider.
I kept thinking how creative his date idea was, quite the lady charmer ;)
We watched Hot Rod. I learned this was his favorite movie ( we watch it weekly now!)
He awkwardly tickled my sides, as most guys do when they first start to flirt! (he denys this still)
I was impressed that he would drive from bountiful to Layton to Ogden, back to bountiful, then back to Layton for a first date.
When I got home I told my mom it was THE BEST date I had ever been on! [seriously ask her!]
Well I could probably go on and on but you get the idea. We hung out non stop since that day, We officially got together Feb. 10! And life is great with him by my side! Austin has taught me so much, he loves me unconditionally, he makes me laugh constantly, his sense of adventure is contagious and makes the best memories. I'm glad I texted him that New Years eve. I'm excited for what the future holds.


Boat show
Lemonade stand, middle of winter. We made $12 dollars.

This pic is exactly how the day went, he patiently waiting for me to get back up, AGAIN, and me laughing in my own stupidity.Festival of colors
Halloween 2009

One of many boat trips
Up in Logan for a demo derby :)
Vegas wax museum
Proposal!
Our happily ever after.


Side Note: I asked Austin if he really remembered way back when and just how much we had changed. He laughed and said YOU have changed dramatically. I asked how, he said, "Well you haven't cut your hair in 2 years, your not a brace face anymore, you don't wear glasses anymore, and you have a much better wardrobe." I laughed and asked him what he meant by my wardrobe. Apparently like the first year of dating I always wore weird t-shirts that said weird things on them. [He never once told me just how weird I must have dressed!] Although this is pretty true, I thought it was funny he would remember that, he even remembered an exact shirt I apparently wore alot. It was lime green and said on the front, Frankie says relax, on the back said, Don't do it. Ha ha ha oh the memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment