Sunday, November 25, 2012

Turkey day 2012

Turkey Day.

I absolutely love when the holidays come around.  I love that for 3 solid days I can eat whatever whenever I want, I get to spend every waking moment with family, the shopping never ceases, its a lovely break from reality, and I get a gaurenteed day with babe.  

This year was no different.  I love that I live so close to my siblings and parents, I love that even though we are grown and have our own families, its still a treat to get together and just hang.  This year was the "on year" so Thanksgiving day was spent with with my parents instead of our in-laws, we missed going up to Grandma & Grandpa's and seeing all the McGugin family but it was good to be here as well! 

Grandma was always in charge of making the rolls.  Now I don't really like thanksgiving dinner, so the rolls are of most importance to me, I've missed her rolls and being around everywhere watching her make them.  Lucky for me, mom makes a dang close runner up.  Everything else was lovely as well, just not as good as the rolls. ;)

After dinner we hung out for a bit, and then it was off the in-laws.  There wasn't much going on there so we decided to get a jump on our black Friday shopping.  We headed to Walmart at 7:30PM.  The goal was to snatch some DVD's.  Anybody who knows me knows that  I am incredibly claustrophobic, I dont handle tight spaces well at all.  Aust dropped me off at the doors while he went and parked, I went back to where the DVDs where and let me just tell you, it was a full on mosh pit.  I stood amidst it for about 2 terrible minutes and gave up.  I called Aust in a major panic telling him there was no way I would get in their with the crazies and be trampled anymore than I already was.  Needless to say that was kind of a bust.  We went back to my parents to pick up more shopping partners and off the the Layton Walmart we went.  This experience was much better, we literally got our $20 printer, paid and were done in 15 min. record timing! We hung out for a while longer then headed to Dicks at midnight, it was a total bust, we will not be going there again, they had zero idea on how to handle black Friday.  I was incredibly annoyed.  Sadly aust had to work so he went to bed and I went back out with my sisters, we went all over and had such a blast!  Our shopping adventures didn't end until 3PM Friday!  Moral of this story... shopping is great. 









I really just love the holiday season and the joy it brings to everybody, I love that there is lots of time off and food involved!  I'm sad that reality sets in again tomorrow but even then we have some exciting news... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment