Saturday, November 3, 2012

Texas

When Aust started working for Sherwin Williams, they told him that he would be attending a training in Texas within the next couple months.  Right away I started looking at flights and trying to see if it was even possible to hang out with him in Texas.  After we got more details of the trip we were told he had to room with another guy but that his hotel was located downtown Dallas!  Some of my very favorite people live in Dallas.  It was meant to be, next think I knew, me and my mom were flying to Dallas for a not long enough vacation!  
We had a great time in the morning, laughing, talking, and shopping! When Austs training was done each night we would either go pick him up, or just go stay in Dallas for a few hours!  It was a blast, we wasted too much gas, ate too much popcorn, laughed too hard, and had an absolute blast!  I'm so glad my mom came with, such a great break from reality!

 Some things we learned about Texas:
*Moms work, dads stay home. (At least from what I observed)
*Big or small sweat pants/yoga pants are worn by everybody everywhere.
*Football is huge. (They hold the boys back so they will be bigger for football)
*School is much harder there.  (helping my 6 yr old cousin each night was challenging my brain)
*They have great shopping!
*Driving there is insane, its takes forever and if you miss you turn you will wind up on some freeway.
*Thrift stores are in no short demand. 
*Big Tex is a huge idol in Texas (he burned down when we were there and it was a big deal!)
*Texas doesn't allow for good hair days!
 












No comments:

Post a Comment