Friday, November 16, 2012

Mr. Lancer


First things first, CONGRATS KYRON. 


Congrats to my little brother for winning Mr. Lancer.  This may not be a big deal but let me tell you just how big of a deal it really is!  Lets be honest for a minute... when Ky-man told us he was competing I thought oh bless his heart he's breaking out of his shell.   Come to find out he has no shell, he was great.  I gained a whole new appreciation and new understanding of my seemingly "obnoxious tendency prone" little brother. He was representing best buddies. I have a special place in my heart for this program (Side-note: Long time ago I was tremendously afraid of handicap people, like crippling fear of them.  My dad basically forced me into this program/class in high school to help overcome my fear.  Little did I know working with mentally challenged kids would become a huge passion, and blessing in my life!)  So on with the competitions, there was a triathlon, nasty food contest, lip synch, talent, etc.  It was fun to watch the recap of the events in the assembly and see Kyron really shine and just how much everybody loves him. He was one of the top 10 finalists, then onto the top 3.  It was pretty nerve wrecking waiting for them to announce the winner.  None of us were really expecting him to win, it was so fun to be there and share his "big moment" with him!  He totally nailed the speech, I think the entire audience was totally stunned my his ability to ramble on the subject "why" but make it sound like a well thought out prepared speech!  So Ky, congrats we think you are great and that you will go on and do great things!  Enjoy this moment while it lasts, we   proud of you!  Thanks for letting us be a part of your big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment