Friday, September 7, 2012

[[ You don't have to see the entire staircase, just take the first step ]]

A job.

I don't think I have mentioned too much about Austin looking for a new job, partly because that would be really bad if his previous employer knew how diligent he was searching. 

December 10th 2010 Austin graduated from Weber State with his bachelor degree.  Since that day he has diligently searched for a job. After about a million applications sent, lots and lots of interviews, frequent disappointment, plenty of prayers/fasts, and a few discouraging times, I am thrilled to announce Austin has officially found a job. 
 
 It may not be a forever job, or it may? It may not be the quickest commute and sometimes not ideal hours.  Does it matter? No we are thrilled for this new chapter and if it is nothing but some experience on a resume, we will take it with open arms! (Here is the part where I would just love to mention how not great his previous job/employer was, BUT I will save you the boredom and bite my tongue!)

I can't even begin to tell you what a champ my sweet husband is.  Through of this he always kept his head up, always.  It was impressive to see him receive plenty of disappointing calls or emails and not let it even phase him.  He patiently would search for the next thing.  It was hard watching him, I wished over and over I could call employers and brag about him, how could they not see just how great he is!

But the wait is over, Austin started working for Sherwin Williams on Tuesday.  He is an assitant manager, working his way up to manager within the next year.  His location is in South Jordan, a few 45 miles away ;).  He is your paint guy so go see him for your painting needs!
When we found out he was offered the job, my mom and I threw together a little congrats party, finally we got to celebrate his hard work! 

I could not be more proud of him.  He really is the such an example of hard work, diligence, positive attitude and faith.  There's just nobody else I'd rather go through this crazy rollercoaster life with! It's been pretty overwhelming, yes of course we are grateful for employment but it kinda feels like life has switched gears completely and out of control.  I know once he has the hang of the job and is all trained and I am back in a regular routine it'll be great-- it is great, just as long as we start with baby steps day by day and together!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment