Thursday, September 20, 2012

[[Don't wait for the perfect moment, take the moment and make it perfect!]]

Its almost the weekend, again... how great is that, but I figure I should recap the last one because it really was so great!

Friday was a simple chill night, it was just what we needed.  Saturday the real adventure started! (After of course of morning of pedicures for my prego friend and a nail backfill on myself!) We left for Logan to meet up with Aust's sister for a demolition derby.  I really love going to Logan, I had never been there before meeting Aust, but luckily for us his sister and grandparents live there so we always have a good excuse to go visit!  We drove up with the in-laws, with our bags packed for a sleep over at grandmas!  Now how great is that? I certainly remember sleep overs with my own grandma and what special memories I have of that.  Not only are sleepovers great, but Grandma's house is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.  It felt like we had just spent a lot of money to sleep in a fancy cabin complete with amazing home cooked meals!  We spent the day just relaxing on the porch, talking, laughing, napping, and enjoying every single second.  What a great weekend!

Next on my mind is this weather.  Its no secret that I completely dislike winter.  I hate to be cold, I spend most the summer still overcoming the cold so when winter hits I'm just a mess -I hate it.  This year however I have felt a little different. (A little mind you, I'm still not a fan of being cold and driving in the snow!)  This new change of season has made me feel so refreshed.  It feels like we are starting over, ready for the next thing.  It's kind of like New Years and the feeling of  a new year, new goals, a clean slate.  I guess living in Utah we are blessed with 4 "refreshers" and I'm okay with that.  We went on a motorcycle ride up through the canyon and seriously the leaves changing was breathtaking!  It's safe to say I am ready for fall, ready for what this next chapter has in store for us.  We are finally back into a real routine and although its not ideal for the next while, it will be good! I love that I have a cute boy by my side for this next little while finishing up school! He's a great support system!

No comments:

Post a Comment