Sunday, February 10, 2013

[[ True love stories never have endings! ]]

February 10th, 2009.

Aust and I were hanging out on his parents couch.  He decided we would play a rendition of 20 questions.  Don't ask me to remember any of the small talk or stories, all I remember was the last question he asked.  "When do I get to call you mine?"  
Yes looking back now, sounds a bit juvenile, him actually asking me.  The point is, it was perfect! And I loved, love that child like attribute Aust has for life.  For the month leading up to that night, every day spent with him was perfect and truth be told I was so impatient waiting for that "official title." 
Austin came into my life and the exact perfect time.  I don't think I ever believed in soul mates or being "saved" by someone, but honestly Austin was an answer to every prayer I have ever had about my fairytale ending.  I'm sure he didn't know it at the time, and I know it freaked him out that I had barely ended a serious (seriously wrong) relationship.  I was grateful for him than and the way he flipped my world back right side up, and I continue to be grateful for him every single day.  






So for today, a shout out to real true love, and the anniversary of  "officially" being with somebody for the rest of forever.  I certainly love you Austin Mark, I don't know where I would be without you, I'm lucky I don't have to think about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment