Wednesday, August 22, 2012

:]

Weekend madness!

Like I have mentioned Fridays are Austins day off, we decided to take advantage of our lagoon passes this fine Friday and enjoyed some much needed fun in the sun.  
It was sweet, we walked right in the gates only to be met by 2 strangers leaving asking people if they wanted their tubes!  Aust was quick enough so we got tube rentals for free, plus 2 FREE drink passes.  Way sweet!  We certainly enjoyed the lazy river in our tubes for hours!  Glad that boy is okay to just chill and relax with me while I catch some rays! :)

After Lagoon we had our friends over for some legit street tacos.  Last time I went to Mexican mart by myself and major language barrier lead to ample amounts of meat.  Luckily my handy dandy spanish speaking babe joined me this time around and our order was just right! 

We caught up with our friends later to watch their softball game.  It was enjoyable... except for the 15 mosquito bites I received on my feet.

I spent Saturdays catching up with good friends, playing hair... always a fun time and than met Austin at work so we could go to his mission reunion! 

My dad always said, "You know what kind of missionary your marrying by the way he talks about his mission president!"  Lucky for me Austin adores his mission president and his wife!  I remember meeting them for the first tine in the sealing room at our wedding, they truly where great people!  We had a lot of fun, normally I feel a bit awkward as the boys reminisce and I just stand by, this time was a bit different!  (side note: Austin is hilarious, everyone agrees!  But myself more importantly think he is seriously the funniest person ever... it was confirmed that it in fact is not just me... he really is!)  His mission buddies where crying they were laughing so hard telling me crazy stories Aust did!  I was having the best time.  I love hearing those stories! More importantly though I'm so grateful I married a return missionary!  What a difference it truly makes in my life and how it has blessed Austins.

Yesterday marked the 1 year of Luke falling.  What an incredible experience that was.  We grew as a family, saw the Priestood work miracles, witnessed and felt the power of prayer and fasting from tons of people, and remembered to never take life for granted!  Glad Luken is still here today!

And last but not least we are on the countdown till schools starts again, I'm pretty excited to get back to my everyday routine and schedule!







No comments:

Post a Comment