Monday, January 9, 2012

Updates. At last!


The genius I am, accidentally locked my keys in my car this morning. Therefore leaving me stranded, and no way of going to school as my hair bag was in my car, as well as school clothes. Luckily my friend Alison took me to my moms house! ( I can get in without a key there!)
Needless to say now I have some unexpected down time so I decided to catch ya'll up!

In our family newsletter I told my aunt she could just cut and copy my submission from the earlier month for the next one. It really does feel like our life is on repeat, its just the same old thing!

We loved our holidays (Halloween through new years)

We started a new tradition over Halloween, Amazing race game. My sister in law and brother decided to put it together for us so Austin and I could play as well, it was a blast, it was just that, the Amazing Race! We went all over Layton doing and finding crazy things, Austin and I even ended up eating 2 LIVE crickets each.. YUCK! As well as making a human pyramid at Walmart with complete strangers!


Thanksgiving brought a much needed break for me. I felt a little out of wack with my students and it was just time to be done for a few days! It was lovely. Aust and I were able to go to the zoo! Sidenote; I seriously love the zoo, its one of my favorite places! And for Thanksgiving we were with Austs family for the feasting and with mine for the after partying. It really is so nice to have our families so close by us and each other!




December brought lots of parties and even more family time. I had 2 weeks off, sadly Aust worked every day of it! We still tried to make up for lost time when he got home and tried to do fun things. Rob was in town so it called for lots of friend hang outs! My friends and I decided to do a progressive dinner night! My 2 friends all live in the same block as us, its really fun being so close! I still dont see them enough, so it was lots of fun! We had both family parties a night a part! I seriously love the holidays and all the family time!


We were super spoiled as usual when Christmas came around. We spent Christmas eve/Christmas morning with my family and the rest of the day with Austin's. We carried on the tradition of ALL sleeping in the same room... I forget just how big we've gotten and adding people in the mix made for a very crowded loong night! I think we will have to adjust the tradition from now on! It was fun the less though! I got all sorts of salon stuff. It was absolutely great! I decided the theme would be Paris and so I got so many fun creative things, as well as functonal! I got a salon chair, and rolling cart, giant mirror, etc. Aust got some fun shooting things including a new gun he really wanted. In case you were all wondering... yes its already sold.. the kid cant keep anything! :)



For New Years Eve we were pretty low key, Aust worked till 8 and then later we had our friends come over, we snacked, played games and had fancy martini's! It was a great way to bring in the New Year. We are excited for it as we hope new changes with jobs and schooling, etc.


New Years day marked the 3rd anniversary of our first date. That sounds so lame and most people would probably not think much of it but I consider it the best New Year I've ever had. It was such a breath of fresh air from the last year, Austin taught me many things, I learned just how lucky I am to have him, and the year/years since have been blissful! I'm definitely grateful I got him number and he was gutsy enough to ask me out the very next day!

(Im embarrassed to upload this embarrassing pics but needless to say I'm glad Austin liked me, brace face, short haired, and four eyes!) Glad I've done some growing up since than! haha

No comments:

Post a Comment