Saturday, January 28, 2012

[[ Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself! ]]


Well I don't think its any surprise that I am going to tell you that nothing has changed. Life is just on repeat. I'm okay with that.

I'm okay with waking up at 7:35 just in time to kiss babe goodbye.
I'm okay with always being at work 15 min early yet still scrambling 5 min. into class time collecting my lesson plans of the day because I chatted with co-workers instead of preparing. I'm okay with work, the whole 6.5 hours of it, I enjoy it. My favorite part of the day is at 3:30 everyday, not because work is over. No, its because at 3:30 I call handsome. I'm okay that our conversation is the same every single day!
J "HEY Love!! hows work going??"
A "Its still going just washing dirty cars?"
J "Is it busy, has it been busy all day? Have you gone anywhere awesome?"
A "It's average"
J "Well I hope the last little bit flies by! I Love you!
A "Love you too!"
Yup that's it, but that's all I need. (the real conversation and catching up happens at dinner) Than it's off to school. To say I am okay with this would be a stretch, BUT its life, and its been that way for 2 years so I guess I've learned to deal.
I'm okay with coming home, scrabbling to find something from our bare kitchen to eat. I love that Aust waits for me to eat with him, even though its well past regular people dinner time.
I'm okay with spending the next hour on the couch; together... on our phones.
I'm okay with falling asleep nightly by 9:30 on the couch while listening to Aust laugh at the office. Unless of course the Jazz are playing, then its falling asleep to wherever we may be watching it.

I love my life. I love that sweet, funny, charming boy I get to call mine. I love that we are clearly not in our ideal grown up life, but that we are happy with this stage. I'm surely one lucky gal. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment