Monday, May 30, 2011

Everthing I am or hope to be I owe to my Angel mother

I missed a mothers day post in the hustle and bustle of it all. I could have just skipped over it but why? My mom deserves to know just how great she really is!

My mom is the best cheerleader, doesn't matter what us kids were doing, she was there cheering us on! She was there when things got rough and told us to keep going! She believed in me when it felt like nobody else would!

She always pushed me to be better, aim higher and to dream bigger! Last weekend I got kidney stones, it happened 5 min after she walked out the door and I don't know what made me cry harder, the fact she wasn't there or the pain! Shes the best doctor! She could mend a broken foot all the way to a broken heart that didn't seem mend-able. She is the best shoulder to cry on!

My mom always knew/ knows the right thing to say, or when to not say anything at all!


Shes my best friend! First person I call on my way to work, and the first I call on my way home! (yes I still call my hubby but moms are better listeners!) Shes so good at inviting me to runs simple errands with her just so I dont have to be lonely for an hour! She calls at 9 on Saturday mornings wondering where I am! ( I hate being home alone obviously!)


I remember calling her one day on my way home from work, for whatever reason I told her I was thirsty, when I walked through her door there was a huge glass of ice water! She had stopped her sewing project to get that for me, simple yes, but it made my day!

She doesn't mind that all us kids still come over during lunch breaks only to eat her food and make a mess of her kitchen!


Its not rare that I come over and she has a new shirt for me. Shes the most selfless person I know!
Shes the best decorator/ home re-modeler! Whether it be crafty, wedding cakes, sewing, painting, doesn't matter shes the best at all of it.


I could not even tell you a time she has complained! My mom is such a rock, in all sad occasions I've seen her in (passing of both parents) she holds everybody else up, knowing its taken a huge toll on her, and her everyday life!

Shes the best grandma to my niece and nephews, In fact I'm convinced there's not a better grandma out there!

I could seriously go on and on, not a day goes by that I'm not forever grateful for my mom, If I turn out to be even half the women she is, I'm set! I love you mom...
Needless to say I have the best mom ever! So happy late mothers day mom, I'm so glad your mine!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! This was such an unexpected treat! I love you too my sweet daughter! Thanks for all your kind words, but my goal is to one day be half the person my daughters are!

    ReplyDelete