Friday, January 25, 2013

5K wanna be

Goals. 
I've always found the New Year to be a breath of fresh air, not because the previous year was bad, its just another chance to start over, make new goals, strive to be better, etc.  I love that everybody around is also focusing on the same thing- becoming better, doing better, whatever it might be there is a sense of freshness if you will! 

I usually set pretty simple goals so that I don't disappoint myself -HA pathetic!  This year I wanted to dig a little deeper.  Along with many goals, the one I seem to be really focusing on is to run a 5K.  I am sure all you runners out there and thinking how pitiful that is.  I myself thought it was going to be no big deal- boy have I proved myself wrong.  Day one of running I about died after half a mile.  Honestly I didnt think i was going to make it.  Lucky for me Austin has always been a good gym attender and so it helps that he motivates me to go.  I have kept at it- going on 2 weeks now.  I can't say I'm a pro- I'm nowhere near close, but I feel like its gotten slightly easier (slightly being the key word here!)  I am pretty excited about it all actually and I'm really hoping this is something I can keep up with!

I am sure none of you really care, but you know they always say, its not a goal unless you write it down.  So here it is, my goal.  Wish me luck!

1 comment: