Saturday, July 30, 2011

Rob.

My brother, Kasey is great! He and I are just alike, because of this a lot of the things I wanted to find in a husband where some of my brother qualities, traits, etc. One of these things being a good group of friends. Kas has a group of like 6 guys that have always been way close, even after all their missions, etc. they've all remained best friends. Anyways to the point. I have always loved that and the relationship they, as well as their wives all have. I was lucky enough to find that with Aust.

Austin has a great group of friends. They are all close and lucky for me the ones who are married have great wives. We get to hang out with them alot and I wouldnt change it for anything.


One of our very first dates was going to Applebee's on a Tuesday at 9 PM. I soon learned this was a 3+ year tradition of Austin's friends, rarely missing a week. I've loved it. On that night particularly I met one of Austins VERY best friends, Roby...

Little did I know at the time, I was soon to become very close to Rob as well! So this brings us to the reason for the blog post all about Roby. In 3 days Rob leaves us for 2 years! AAAWWW.
This sounds like a mission right? Sorta, only not, he's going to PA school across the country to North Carolina (maybe south I can never remember)-- DUKE (he's real smart folks, and single ladies!) This makes us sad.
I dont think I have ever experienced a relationship quite like Rob and Aust. It really makes me sad that he wont be around. I am certain Austin would not be the same person without his side kick- Rob. They met all because of a simple wakeboard magazine on Austin's desk! Those who know Aust know its a big deal and the fact Roby is also obsessed with wakeboarding, you can imagine just how great this friendship is. Besides his obsession with wakeboarding + all the gadgets that go along with it, Roby is seriously just an all around great guy. Austin and I always find ourselves talking about how genuine, sincere, and funny he is after our frequent hangouts! Really he almost seems "too good to be true!"

We are gonna miss: going on many first dates with him, sitting on the front lawn talking about life, how to get rich, and guns, motorcycle riding around the neighborhood, listening to Jane fear for him! Simple hangouts playing rockband or wii, joking around/making fun of each other. A lot of people don't really get Austins selling addiction, but Rob, he gets it! He always says, Austin and him think identical thoughts, he just loves how Aust will say/ act upon them first! (sometimes I don't so much love this but luckily Robs there to remind me not to slap him in embarrassment!)
Good thing those two are good phone talkers, (to each other!) cuz I know that wont change, Rob will be more busy but I know he'll make time to call, even if its just to tell Aust some weird gun law, or a pep talk before a date!! We will certainly miss him but wish him the very best of luck, and we are looking forward to that free medical care coming our way!! (wink, wink!)


No comments:

Post a Comment