Saturday, July 30, 2011

long overdue.

Yes I know this is long overdue, but hopefully I can fill you in on whats been going on!
Lets see, June:
Not much went on during June due to the summer that came WAY to late. It was a bummer raining every single day. So lets just go ahead and skip right along to July!

I LOVE the month of July. It feels like never ending activities, fireworks, BBQ's, and friends and family time!

We had a great 4th! Aust actually had it off, first time in forever! We woke up early to catch the big breakfast at my parents, then off the the Kaysville parade we went! We had amazing seats, until everybody crowded the streets left us seeing nothing. My dad wasn't to thrilled with this so we went home! It was super hot out and I don't think Austin minded leaving a parade full of cop cars as he said! We caught the afternoon movie at the dollar theater, Soul Surfer. It wasn't a let down. We had wanted to see it for a while and we really enjoyed it! Love those good heart felt movies that leave you feeling uplifted and better! Later in the afternoon we headed to the park to stake out our seats for the fireworks. Its always fun just sitting around with everybody, playing , laughing and seeing all your friends and neighbors pass by. We played many a game of SKUM! The fireworks were not a disappointment, I love them and I believe Layton has the best finale show around!

A couple of weeks later we were able to go camping with the fam. It was a lot of fun, we spent 3 days up at Perception point! We 4-wheeled, went shot gun shooting, ate lots of yummy food, and just hung out! We tried to spend a day swimming, but the water was definitely freezing so we jumped off a cliff only once, then back to the car, out of the freezing water we went!


Austin has been able to get work off on a few Saturdays so we could go watch some wakeboard events. These are my favorite days! Why? Well because its just my cute husband and I! We lay in the sun the whole day, music, free stuff watching Wakeboarders, its a total relaxing day and I love it!

I had what I thought was going to be a simple deviated septum surgery, needless to say it was much, much more than I bargained for! Thanks to a supportive husband and a very helpful loving mom I got better! It was a week of pure hell, throw-up, blood, tears, and pain! I'm very slowly starting to see the benefits. Don't know if i'll admit it was worth it just yet but maybe when the stitches stop bugging my nose, and I can blow my nose I'll be fully satisfied!

My little sis is getting married Friday so there has been plenty wedding planning and stressing going around, its been a lot of fun doing a wedding with my sisters and mom! Lots of fun memories! We took her bridals last week and it was just so fun! I did the whole 10 yrds on her (hair,makeup, nails,etc!) It was so fun to see her all dolled up in a pretty white dress!
(Bridal shower!)

We've made it to a Rodeo, lots of BBQ's, lots of bike rides, we hit up Lagoon a lot, etc. Summer is just great, and the fun is only beginning! All the family comes into town this week, wedding Friday, Then off to San Fran with the Burninghams on Saturday! Hopefully this caught us up a little, its been to long!

No comments:

Post a Comment